Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 31 to 41 of 41

Thread: London "Gatwick" (LGW) 1:400 scale.

  1. #31
    Fellow Aviation Collector. A Retired Hangar Mechanic Cpt.Canuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Vancouver, B.C.
    Posts
    6,365
    Very impressive. How long did it take you to come to this point?



    Proud to be a; Honorary Aussie


    Paresh's Wish List;
    Royal Tongan B757-200
    Air Pacific B767-300
    Air Pacific B737-200/300/500/700

  2. #32
    Cadet Trainee Regular Hangar Mechanic
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    241
    Quote Originally Posted by Cpt.Canuck View Post
    Very impressive. How long did it take you to come to this point?
    Thanks. About a year, even because i had an extremely serious incident and now i have a titanium leg...so i had to suspend the job for some months.

  3. #33
    Cadet Trainee Regular Hangar Mechanic
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    241
    The airport is finally finished. I am extremely proud of the result, it is one of the most large, difficult to realize and beautiful.
    It is impossible to show it all together so i divided the airport into three large sections, from the Round Terminal area to the ATC tower and remote stands.
    There are represented the following terminal buildings:
    - Round Terminal
    - South Terminal
    - North Terminal
    - Cargo building
    - a fantasy terminal building connecting the North Terminal to the Cargo building.
    Thanks for the comments.














  4. #34
    Cadet Trainee Regular Hangar Mechanic
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Location
    Suriname
    Posts
    148
    Looks great Charter, really awesome work, and well done for getting it finished. With a project this scale, and spread out over a year, it would have been easy to lose the focus and never finish up! I guess the fantasy bridge from part of the North terminal to the cargo area was to avoid having to model the taxiways and stands that continue round the side oat right angles to those you modelled....there must be another 12 gates or so there, plus the fuel farm......maybe that can be an add on project for a later time !

  5. #35
    Cadet Trainee Regular Hangar Mechanic
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    241
    Quote Originally Posted by PRM View Post
    Looks great Charter, really awesome work, and well done for getting it finished. With a project this scale, and spread out over a year, it would have been easy to lose the focus and never finish up! I guess the fantasy bridge from part of the North terminal to the cargo area was to avoid having to model the taxiways and stands that continue round the side oat right angles to those you modelled....there must be another 12 gates or so there, plus the fuel farm......maybe that can be an add on project for a later time !
    Thanks for your appreciation mate.
    Honestly speaking i would have avoided to realize the fantasy terminal building but the friend for which i created the layout wanted something to fill the space among Cargo building and North Terminal.
    Here the famous bridge/walkway is missing but he did not want it.

  6. #36
    Cadet Trainee Regular Hangar Mechanic
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Location
    Suriname
    Posts
    148
    Yeah, hybrid real / fantasy wouldn't be my choice either.

    Ah yes the famous bridge - i forgot that was also missing! It wasn't built in the era of my diorama, so i hadn't spotted its absence! Great job anyways......

  7. #37
    Cadet Trainee Regular Hangar Mechanic
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    241
    Quote Originally Posted by PRM View Post
    Yeah, hybrid real / fantasy wouldn't be my choice either.

    Ah yes the famous bridge - i forgot that was also missing! It wasn't built in the era of my diorama, so i hadn't spotted its absence! Great job anyways......
    Thanks again.

  8. #38
    Free spirit Pro Collector CBL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Montreal / Ottawa
    Posts
    7,401
    This is very impressive

    I am totally jealous about the result, I wish it was mine

    You are very talented. Thanks for sharing the pictures
    Philippe

  9. #39
    Cadet Trainee Regular Hangar Mechanic
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    241
    Quote Originally Posted by CBL View Post
    This is very impressive

    I am totally jealous about the result, I wish it was mine

    You are very talented. Thanks for sharing the pictures
    Thanks so much for your appreciation!
    ...and you did not see all the details on the tarmac...

  10. #40
    Fellow Aviation Collector. A Retired Hangar Mechanic Cpt.Canuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Vancouver, B.C.
    Posts
    6,365
    Quote Originally Posted by charter View Post
    Thanks. About a year, even because i had an extremely serious incident and now i have a titanium leg...so i had to suspend the job for some months.
    I am sorry to hear my friend, I wish you a healthy recovery. Your work on the airport is just exquisite.



    Proud to be a; Honorary Aussie


    Paresh's Wish List;
    Royal Tongan B757-200
    Air Pacific B767-300
    Air Pacific B737-200/300/500/700

  11. #41
    Just a KLM collector Senior Hangar Mechanic Matt Cruiser's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    446
    That looks amazing, like a real collector's dream come true!!

    So when can we come visit this "museum"?
    KLM, Martinair, Transavia, Air Holland and all other Dutch carriers <3

    Can all collectors just be kind to one another? It can't be that hard, the world is a rough enough place as is.
    Share the love!

    https://www.instagram.com/1400_aircraft_models/

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •