Thread: Phoenix August releases

Fellow Aviation Collector. Pro Collector Cpt.Canuck's Avatar

Proud to be a; Honorary Aussie

Paresh's Wish List;
    Air Pacific DC-10-30 ARRIVED
    Air Pacific B767-200/300
    Air Pacific B737-200/300/500/700
    Canadian Airlines A320 Goose. ARRIVED

Playin' mahjong, takin' tea... A Retired Hangar Mechanic Gyrocaptain's Avatar
    The BA Landor 772 could be worthwhile. I'm not sure if I managed to get the GJ one many years ago, I'll have to check. There are in any case, many holes still in my BA Landor collection.

Quote Originally Posted by Gyrocaptain View Post
    The BA Landor 772 could be worthwhile. I'm not sure if I managed to get the GJ one many years ago, I'll have to check. There are in any case, many holes still in my BA Landor collection.
    I was lucky enough to get the Landor version, although the phoenix will be better in detail.

Paresh's Wish List;
    Air Pacific B767-200/300

Playin' mahjong, takin' tea... A Retired Hangar Mechanic Gyrocaptain's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cpt.Canuck View Post
    I was lucky enough to get the Landor version, although the phoenix will be better in detail.
    Yes, you are right there. Turns out I've got it too, which is fortunate or perhaps not... Makes the decision to grab a PH one a bit tricky as I'm already perilously close to maxing out my display space!

Training Captain Pro Collector transnat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gyrocaptain View Post
    I'm already perilously close to maxing out my display space!
    Tell me about it!!! I have one cabinet and one shelf to display my collection. At the moment it's dominated by Qantas aircraft as part of my QF 100th birthday anniversary celebrations. Of course they've all been cancelled, so my effort my be the biggest and best in Australia
    Tnat

Keep your feet on the ground and keep reaching for the stars

See the 1226 models in Transnat's collection @ http://www.diecastmodelaircraft.com/collect/

Relief Pilot Supreme Hangar Mechanic Juneau_Flyer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by transnat View Post
    Tell me about it!!! I have one cabinet and one shelf to display my collection. At the moment it's dominated by Qantas aircraft as part of my QF 100th birthday anniversary celebrations. Of course they've all been cancelled, so my effort my be the biggest and best in Australia
    Ya'll are lucky. I've 4 cabinets full. And all the new additions end up in storage. Some day, I'm going to re do the hobby room with all built in display cases. But for now... The majority of my collection is in storage.

Cadet Trainee Junior Hangar Mechanic Matt Cruiser's Avatar
    Though the PX 747 mould is not the best out there, I am still very happy that I was able to recommend them to produce PH-BFE and PH-BFK and provide the artwork they required for designing them.

I hope that people will enjoy these two models even if they are PX 747's. Especially a lot of work went towards getting the Swan right on PH-BFE :-)
    KLM, Martinair, Transavia, Air Holland and all other Dutch carriers yes please!

Can all collectors just be kind to one another? It can't be that hard, the world is a rough enough place as is.
    Share the love!

https://www.instagram.com/1400_aircraft_models/

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Cruiser View Post
    Though the PX 747 mould is not the best out there, I am still very happy that I was able to recommend them to produce PH-BFE and PH-BFK and provide the artwork they required for designing them.

I hope that people will enjoy these two models even if they are PX 747's. Especially a lot of work went towards getting the Swan right on PH-BFE :-)
    They have gotten better actually, its not that bad. Its all ones perception, if you like it buy it. Enjoy the hobby.

Paresh's Wish List;
    Air Pacific B767-200/300

They have gotten better actually, its not that bad. Its all ones perception, if you like it buy it. Enjoy the hobby.
    Just found these pictures online. I'm quite happily surprised by how they turned out, though of course they're nowhere near the Aeroclassics KLM 747-400 of days past ;-)

Can all collectors just be kind to one another? It can't be that hard, the world is a rough enough place as is.
    Share the love!

Great pictures Matt, did you order them?

Paresh's Wish List;
    Air Pacific B767-200/300

Great pictures Matt, did you order them?
    I most definitely did haha!
    Actually ordered two of each - you never know if one might somehow get damaged in the future.
    Plus knowing how KLM 747's tend to increase in price once a shop sells out I'd prefer to have a backup over having to live with a broken model or having to pay more than double their original cost!

Share the love!