Thread: Phoenix 1/400 July Releases (VARIG OLD LIVERY 767 AHOY!)

Senior Member Supreme Hangar Mechanic

Phoenix 1/400 July Releases (VARIG OLD LIVERY 767 AHOY!)

Greetings from rain soaked Zurich folks. Lots of 777s this month!

Air Asia X A330-300 9M-XXU (X-Men livery)
    Air China B777-300ER B-2046
    Air New Zealand B777-300ER ZK-OKQ (All Blacks livery)
    Boeing B777-300ER N5016R (Prototype aircraft)
    British Airways B777-200ER G-YMME
    Brussels Airlines A330-300 OO-SFO (Red Devils livery)
    Brussels Airlines A330-300 OO-SFX
    China Eastern A320-200 B-6635 (Shanghai DR livery)
    KLM B777-300ER PH-BVA (Orange Pride livery)
    Philippine Airlines B777-300ER RP-C7774 (75 Years logo)
    VARIG B767-300 PP-VOJ (1980s livery)
    Vietnam Airlines A330-200 VN-A376
    WOW Air A330-300 TF-GAY

Santos Dumont 1st to fly Pro Collector Otavio Santos's Avatar
    Yup! The VARIG is already ordered. Thanks Phoenix for this gorgeous release.

Cadet Trainee Senior Hangar Mechanic leftrudder's Avatar
    Just wondering why there always seems to be a lack of comment in a few sections of the forum, including this one?

Im happy for the ANZ 777 and got caught out as I didnt even know ANZ had one in the scheme, so modelling can be educational lol.

But I do wish people and manufacturers would stop referring to these schemes as 'All Blacks' as they are not. We had a 'Crazy about Rugby' scheme, these are not. The fern on the All Blacks jersey and the one here (NZ Tourism) are completely different! Although I like the AB's silver fern much better.

Anyway, cant wait to get this one from Phoenix, many thanks

Senior Member Supreme Hangar Mechanic
    So if it's not an "All Blacks" livery what is it officially referred to as? I always assumed the few aircraft done like this were specifically promoting the rugby team?

As for comments, I think most stuff can go in the 1/400 section since that's a broad church. In fact, I don't know why we bother having subforums for any of the manufacturers.

Still, your comments make a nice change from the usual "Oh Phoenix is just flooding the market with the same stuff" rubbish by people who ignore other manufacturers releasing five of the same model in one month etc.

Captain A Retired Hangar Mechanic Reeve Aleut Peter C.'s Avatar
    I for one don't comment on long 'phone book lists' of releases.
    I have no idea what 99% of the releases LOOK like and need pics to see what I may like.

I'm always told to go look at their Facebook page....
    I have done that only to get lost in the dozens and dozens of pics of similar looking planes there and usually have trouble figuring out what month they are for.

I buy a Phoenix around once or twice a year because of this....
    Have no interest in most of what they make though I have been happy with the ones I DID buy.
    Peter Cruttenden

Cadet Trainee Senior Hangar Mechanic leftrudder's Avatar
    Actually thats a good point, I dont have a clue what they call that scheme. I just know that ANZ teamed up with Tourism NZ in a marketing deal and thats why ANZ are currently using their Fern logo. Would be nice if ANZ develop their own fern logo because once the marketing thing finishes, our planes are going to look rather naked without one.

I also agree with the phone book list comment. This is after all a Forum for our hobby, so fair enough using Facebook, but as Phoenix has a section here...its a bit rude not to post photos of their releases here too. Reaching the masses and all that.

Space mechanic Regular Hangar Mechanic
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultimo Tiger View Post
    Boeing B777-300ER N5016R (Prototype aircraft)

I'm searching this one at a decent price since many years.
    After the Air Tahiti A340 re-release, Phoenix really pamper me this year

Cadet Trainee Regular Hangar Mechanic ArnoldC's Avatar
    Seeing Phoenix releases pop up here on the odd month appeals to me. The list of July releases do not have me pounding the 'buy' button. But they'll hit on something for me one of these days.

My third (I think) die cast purchase was a Phoenix. 1:400 A319 Azerbaijan Air. Delighted to find a manufacturer that offered it as a livery. Since then, I try to keep a hand in what Phoenix offers. Go to their website on occasion. But prefer to rely on what gets posted up here by folks in the know.

ArnoldC
    "A good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving" -Lao Tzu