Thread: Eagle Moss models?

Fellow Aviation Collector. A Retired Hangar Mechanic Cpt.Canuck's Avatar

Eagle Moss models?

I see Eztoys is carrying 1.400 scale Eagle Moss models, Star Trek releases. I've been looking for some Trekkie models for quite some time and was wondering if anyone else has had them or not, if they are any good?

The price is right.

Proud to be a; Honorary Aussie

Paresh's Wish List;
    Royal Tongan B757-200
    Air Pacific B767-300
    Air Pacific B737-200/300/500/700

ba777-236
    I just heard about these the other day too..

Sound interesting!

Wonder if they are a new line up of collectibles.

Paresh's Wish List;
    Royal Tongan B757-200
    Air Pacific B767-300

Very cool UK based collectibles.

https://www.mycollectionshop.com/die-cast-collectors

Paresh's Wish List;
    Royal Tongan B757-200
    Air Pacific B767-300

Design Bureau Grande Jefe Supreme Hangar Mechanic A Tupolev's Avatar
    I've been collecting the Eagle Moss Star Trek starships for a couple of months now. I've been shipped seven of them on an automatic subscription to the collection. I'm very impressed with the detail and quality of the models. The pro ices are great considering the quality of the models. $4.95 for the first model, then they ship two more a month for $19.95 each.

I'll post some pictures when I get the time.

This is my collection so far.

ba777-236
    Roughly how large are these models? I presume the size of say a 1/400 widebody?

Quote Originally Posted by ba777-236 View Post
    Roughly how large are these models? I presume the size of say a 1/400 widebody?
    Good question. The models themselves are about 5.5 inches long. My A380 1/400 are about 6 inches long. I got to believe these starships are much bigger than an A380 in 1/1. There is no information included with the models regarding scale.

http://www.startrek-starships.com/usa/index.asp

Eastern Airlines Mogul A Retired Hangar Mechanic Capt. Rickenbacker's Avatar
    They don't appear to be all of the same scale. The Warbird should dwarf all of them, and the D-7 and Voyager should be much smaller than Enterprise-D. But that aside, they look very nice, I might be interested in this.
    "Aviation is proof that given the will, we can achieve the impossible."

The Downtrodden Worker's Credo: We, the unwilling, led by the unknowing, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful. We have been doing so much for so little for so long, soon we will be doing everything for nothing forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Capt. Rickenbacker View Post
    They don't appear to be all of the same scale. The Warbird should dwarf all of them, and the D-7 and Voyager should be much smaller than Enterprise-D. But that aside, they look very nice, I might be interested in this.
    I kind of figured the scale between each model is off. I'll be getting a Borg Cube on one of the orders in a couple of months and it is about the same size as the other models.

Regardless of scale issues, I like the quality and detail of each model. There's also a cool factor having them on a shelf with my 1/400 models.

Eastern Airlines Mogul A Retired Hangar Mechanic Capt. Rickenbacker's Avatar
    I went to the Eaglemoss site and they don't have mention of the Borg Cube. I'm pleased that they are going outside of the most popular models and have an Akira class (USS Thunderchild), which might mean seeing Enterprise-B, a Ferengi Marauder, a Cardassian Galor and maybe even some Dominion ships.
    "Aviation is proof that given the will, we can achieve the impossible."

The Downtrodden Worker's Credo: We, the unwilling, led by the unknowing, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful. We have been doing so much for so little for so long, soon we will be doing everything for nothing forever.