Thread: Walking Down Memory Lane: Wing Commander

Jedi Knut Supreme Hangar Mechanic StarAllianceFlyer's Avatar

Walking Down Memory Lane: Wing Commander

Bought this movie in Blu-ray a couple of months ago and just watched it last night for the first time (on BR, seen it before) and boy did it bring back a lot of memory!

-First was Origin System...I had forgotten this name already and when I saw it on the opening credits began to think about Sir Richard Garriott, a.k.a Lord British. Played all the games in his Ultima series starting with Ultima 2 on my Commodore 64. Played 3 next and 4. I think soon after 4 or 5 was released did Origin release Ultima 1 for the C64. Ah, good times...specially the long nights trying to kill trolls, demons, and goblins.

-Next were the names of the ships in Wing Commander...The Tiger Claw and Concordia. Didn't recall Pegasus, other than the one from Battlestar Galactica.

-Finally, the characters' names...Angel, Maniac, Paladin, Hunter, etc. I think I actually got Hunter killed once.

Geez, it was a long time ago that I played these games and still, now, it brings back good memories...or at least memories of having fun playing these games back then.

Senior Member Hangar Mechanic with too Much Free Time paul247's Avatar
    love that movie, I could watch that all day long.
    SECOND STAR TO THE RIGHT, THEN STRAIGHT ON TILL MORNING.

Jedi Knut Supreme Hangar Mechanic StarAllianceFlyer's Avatar
    Yeah, I think it was one that kind of slipped by and didn't make much of a noise at the box office.

Didn't Mark Hamill get involved with this series as a voice over for one of the characters in the games? Would have been nice if he had a cameo in the movie.