Thread: Air Guns and Compressors

Junior Member Hangar Trainee

Air Guns and Compressors

I am thinking of getting a Air Gun and Compressor.Are there any tricks of the trade that I should look for and approx price I should pay for a good set.Cheers

IN MEMORIAM... A Retired Hangar Mechanic cs-tbr's Avatar
    Air gun as in Airbrush right? , the way i see it you should get yourself a nice and SILENT!! compressor and start with a single action airbrush that gives you control only of the air passing trough the nozzle, it will be a good way to learn mixes and spraying technique. With double action airbrushes you control both airflow an paint flow and it is a little bit trickier but reachable with a little practice... these airbrushes are also more expensive...
    Aztek has created a good airbrush system line with both single and dual action airbrushes that i recommend you should take a look at, it has easily replaceable nozzles (cleaning standard nozzles is a pain and the nozzle needles can for a beginner be easily damaged) they are very nice for anyone starting
    other than this, take a look around in the web as there is ample info on this subject my 2 cents...

i have a small Revell compressor and a 9 pieces resin Aztek airbrush and it is good enough for 1/72 and 1/144 work