Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: My recent fun....warning, graphic pictures.

IN MEMORIAM... A Retired Hangar Mechanic cs-tbr's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JustPlaneCrazy View Post
    It's been an experience, that's for sure

Actually, I am doing much better than expected. The doctors said I would not put weight on the leg till the end of the year or early next year. I am now (today) using a walking boot (no cast) and can walk some without any crutches or assistance. I'm also back at work 3-4 hours a day.

I'm hoping to have enough use of my foot to fly again, but not sure.
    As it is now, I couldn't apply the brakes and it would be difficult to use rudders.
    I have very little 'pivot' in my foot as the bones are fusing together and no feeling at all in the bottom of my foot. I wouldn't know if my foot was on the rudder pedal or not

Time will tell.
    the human body is an amazing "machine" with healing powers beyond belief have some faith and no doubt sooner or later you'll achieve your goals you'll see

Senior Member Hangar Mechanic with too Much Free Time Icarus's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Yukon 880 View Post
    Geezus Todd, what a bonehead move...
    Your mishap sounds exactly like something I'd do.
    Welcome back and Godspeed the recovery!

Don
    I've still got the Titanium plate (as they call it) with the screws and all holding the bones in my right arm together as a while ago, a bus cut across my path when it turned and I was doing 50 mph on impact when doing a Kamikaze into its side....the broken arm was because I was braking as hard as possible (front wheel) when I hit the bus head first. I owe my life to the helmet although I can't tell if the brain functions as well as before the accident!
    ICARUS - 1st man to fly

Senior Member Regular Hangar Mechanic CFDBASHER's Avatar

THE TRUTH HURTS !!!

Hey, come clean. We all know that your wife took the hammer to you when she saw your MasterCard statement with last months model airplane purchases.

But you have my sympathy. I've broken many bones over the years, and was lucky enough not to require any screws (but casts and braces were common). So get well soon, and ask your Doctor for Oxycodone 25-325, and a side of Roxicet-15-325. You might even see your 1/400th collection take flight.

old fart Regular Hangar Mechanic just_Dave's Avatar
    ..... Hope you're continuing to do well and heal Todd. I had an open fracture in my right leg (along with all the other injuries) in Viet Nam. I'm sure I probably didn't go to the best hospital and they decided not to ship me off to Japan, but I sure had several pretty nurse on the USS Sanctuary. The bummer was I was given last rights when I arrived on the Sanctuary, but I fooled them. They fooled me as three months later I was back in the field with the Marines.
    ..... Heal up Todd. I feel for you in another way. I've been medically grounded since 1994 and we both know that sucks!
    Dave (somehow still surviving... you will too)

35,000 feet up. A Retired Hangar Mechanic Kris's Avatar
    Hope you get better Todd!! That must hurt a lot compared to me getting my finger ripped by barbwire!!
    Get well very soon!!

-Kris

whisper~ Senior Hangar Mechanic
    wow... look serious
    Wish you a speedy recovery!

Captain A Retired Hangar Mechanic Reeve Aleut Peter C.'s Avatar
    Holy Toledo! I knew you had had an accident but I had no idea it was THIS nasty!
    Looks like you were in a Logging accident!!!

A friend of mine is a famous former Pro Motorcycle Racer. And he has had serious crashes during his career including one where after he went thru the fence he 'came to' and the BOTTOM of one of his feet was facing him (but right next to his ankle!) Almost the same as yours, just skin and ligaments and blood vessles still holding his foot on.....
    He said the break wasn't the big deal. But the fact there was a MAJOR artery down there that DIDN'T rip open was what saved his life. They told him he would have bled to death on his way to the hospital.....

Of course he was back at it racing once it healed.....He still rides today at 75 years old!

Best wishes toward a complete recovery. You'll be fine!
    Peter Cruttenden

Dr. Diecast I presume? Supreme Hangar Mechanic N. Eberhard's Avatar
    Thanks for the safety lesson Todd. Sorry it had to be at the expense of your leg and wrist! Glad to see that you are on the road to recovery.

Training Captain Master Collector PeeWee's Avatar
    When next you hobble off to the motherland you will not make it any further than the airport metal detector. And if you do make it there some enterprising Russia lad may try to sell you for scrap metal.

Peewee
    Peewee Airliners-Where Your Very Smallest Dreams Come True http://pwe.hk

Training Captain Master Collector PeeWee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by N. Eberhard View Post
    Thanks for the safety lesson Todd. Sorry it had to be at the expense of your leg and wrist! Glad to see that you are on the road to recovery.
    More like he is on the road to Veriskaya Street, Moscow.

Peewee
    Peewee Airliners-Where Your Very Smallest Dreams Come True http://pwe.hk

Nice to see British Airways crest again! Pro Collector Chansen's Avatar
    Didn't see this thread until now! Wow that looks painful. Bet is gets worse when cold weather is around. No biomechanics added huh! Too bad you can't run faster then you use to. A TV show would be made of you!
    Craig Hansen
    Kaika Hanakeni
    Крэйг Хансен

Hangar Club Card Designer

In memory of Gordon! Thank you Ralph Ribeiro.

Gemini please make Greenlandair B752 first paint scheme. AeroClassics please make Frontier Horizon B-721, Frontier B-722.
    The FedEx F-27 Posse
    I collect for the sake of Collecting!
    One of probably many collectors not holding a grudge toward any model manufacturers.

Co-Pilot A Retired Hangar Mechanic convair 580's Avatar
    I feel for you,I was in casts, both legs and in a wheel chair for two months and walking cast for another two. Stay positive and get better! Take care of yourself.

Xtreme kind of guy Regular Hangar Mechanic Aviationjumper@400SH's Avatar
    eeeww..
    Hope you are able to recover..

Diecast Retro Fanatic Senior Hangar Mechanic silverbird707's Avatar
    Just reading your description Todd....hurts! dang!

Hope your better soon.

We can rebuild him......we can make him better/stronger/faster!