Arrow JunkCrap Wings TAA DC-9-31

Correct response to being robbed at gunpoint
    ---------------------------------------

THE NUMBER ONE CAUSE OF DEATH
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Secret Agent A Retired Hangar Mechanic
    If you feel they are crap.. why buy them....?..............

Agent X20

Administrator Ultimate Collector JustPlaneCrazy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent X20 View Post
    You take this stuff way too serious
    Correct response to being robbed at gunpoint

THE NUMBER ONE CAUSE OF DEATH
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Moderator A Retired Hangar Mechanic Andrew Klein's Avatar
    Hangzhou, Zhejiang; Peoples Republic of China
    Again, doors printed too high!
    Do these idiots not know where the cabin floor is on a particular aircraft? They obviously don't, and just print the doors/windows wherever they see fit.
    What a pity!
    Like a fine wine, AeroClassics gets better with time.

Enjoying aviation from a "TSA-free Zone"!!

Take the money-grab & deceit out of our hobby, and bring back ethics & quality !!
    Just say NO to Blew Bucks/C&C/Century/Last Choice/Panda Models/Junk-X/AK Models/AK200/AV200/AV400/IF400/Witty400/Shitty400/Apollo400
    Sky400/Nutz Models/Blue Angle/Big Turd/Your Crapsman200/Your Crapsman400/Flightline/Flightline 400/Magic

Quote Originally Posted by Agent X20 View Post
    Perhaps he doesn't buy them

Perhaps, as in your case, he gets them for nothing

Take the money-grab & deceit out of our hobby, and bring back ethics & quality !!
    Just say NO to Blew Bucks/C&C/Century/Last Choice/Panda Models/Junk-X/AK Models/AK200/AV200/AV400/IF400/Witty400/Shitty400/Apollo400
    Sky400/Nutz Models/Blue Angle/Big Turd/Your Crapsman200/Your Crapsman400/Flightline/Flightline 400/Magic

Quote Originally Posted by JustPlaneCrazy View Post
    You take this stuff way too serious
    Naw.. I was thinking more the same..

Agent X20

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Klein View Post
    Perhaps he doesn't buy them
    I would have thought then he would be a little more grateful....send us some Aeroclassics old froot and I'll post some piccies....

As to the JC wings doors they aint that far out

Agent X20

Thanks for those nose shots Agent!! Now I can see that the JunkCrap cockpit windows are also mis-printed, too high!

Thanks for those nose shots Agent!! Now I can see that the JunkCrap cockpit windows are also mis-printed, too high!
    Am surprised you didnt notice the cockpit windows straight away.. there's actually not much wrong with the passenger/galley doors or the passenger windows.. (unless they are wrong on airliners.net...) gram for gram it's one of their best..

Anyway got a few 400's to put up - nothing like a bit of entertainment over the holiday season.. keep that acerbic wit honed..!!

Agent X20

Senior Member Supreme Hangar Mechanic connie freak's Avatar
    Anything is ok when compared to a Hogan connie or a Phoenix Carvair or Herpa's DC-8. Is there no end to KRAPP ?

Do these idiots not know where the cabin floor is on a particular aircraft? They obviously don't, and just print the doors/windows wherever they see fit.
    What a pity!
    I've passed on many IF200's for this very same reason (707's and DC-8's). Its too irritating for me to own them and most unlikely that any other manufacturer will do them.(The IF KLM DC-8 being the biggest tragedy).

The krapp Herpa early series '8 and the Jimmy Chimp VC-10 also probably means that no-one else will do these castings now either, so I feel that discerning collectors have been "had over". I'm more disappointed with the herpa DC-8 because I would have liked all the schemes possible on that. Having bought the Swissair, I'll not bother with any more.

Jets make a lotta noise, but they don't talk back! Pro Collector DC-8-556's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by connie freak View Post
    I've passed on many IF200's for this very same reason (707's and DC-8's). Its too irritating for me to own them and most unlikely that any other manufacturer will do them.(The IF KLM DC-8 being the biggest tragedy).

The krapp Herpa early series '8 and the Jimmy Chimp VC-10 also probably means that no-one else will do these castings now either, so I feel that discerning collectors have been "had over". I'm more disappointed with the herpa DC-8 because I would have liked all the schemes possible on that. Having bought the Swissair, I'll not bother with any more.
    OK, I'll bite. What's wrong with the KLM DC-8 by Inflight? Forget about the nose gear and wing dihedral. I know about those already.

Herpa....A great company YES. A great manufacturer of DC-8 models? NO.
    The DC-8 is the best commercial supersonic aircraft ever built!
    OK, so it was only one flight, for a short time, and in a shallow dive. It still counts!

Proud to be a honorary Australian citizen.

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by DC-8-556 View Post
    OK, I'll bite. What's wrong with the KLM DC-8 by Inflight? Forget about the nose gear and wing dihedral. I know about those already.

Herpa....A great company YES. A great manufacturer of DC-8 models? NO.
    All the KLM 8's I saw had the windows printed too high. The Iberia just about crept in ok on that issue. So I got one of those.

High window printing seems an issue with factories right down the line. The HM BEA viscount (early sceme) prepro pic shows the same problem. The giveaway is often the roof titling. I believe the general rule is that the titles are designed to be read when you're standing at ground level. If they appear to disappear over the roof something is amiss.

Even on older propliners, when you were standing inside of them, the windows were always at the level between your groin and shoulder. When sitting they were not generally above your head. I remember hunching down when seated to get a full view straight out. So windows I think, should be firmly in the side and not working up to the roof.

How's your KLM DC-8 ? This great shot from Agent shows the windows being more than half way up the fuselage. I think they should be only midway. And lower when compared to the windshield position.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by connie freak; 12-28-2009 at 06:09 AM. Reason: extra comment and pic

Senior Member Supreme Hangar Mechanic virginbluedude's Avatar
    I love this model!

the 1/400 Aeroclassics DC-9 looks too long to me

I prefer this
    Jack

Co-Pilot A Retired Hangar Mechanic Phantom's Avatar
    What a pity!
    I just wish you'd be as picky when it comes to your own models.
    Alex