Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: AVATAR..............

Master Yoda Hangar Trainee backfire's Avatar

This is going to be GOOD!!!!

Must be seen in HD and Widescreen at You Tube!!!

The Real Big Ones!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Sal
    Honorary Aussie Too

Deborah Ann Gibson

'I've got all the time in the world - All the things you require - All the strength to survive - All the pain and desire'

Moderator / Dark Jedi Master Collector R. Minor's Avatar
    I quite agree, should be very good. The Last Airbender should be good as well.
    Ron / Mr. Polo / Posted With A Mac / Honorary Australian Citizen

Senior Member Regular Hangar Mechanic Valkyrie Magnus's Avatar
    I've seen the toys but I didnt know what it was about. Thanks Sal!
    Erik aka Valkyrie Magnus aka Super Pan Am Fan

Just saw the movie today!!!

One word for the moment......... DAMN!!!!

If your planning to see this please see it in 3-D and better yet in IMAX also.

The technology on the 3D in this movie is way beyond description!!

You are not just watching the movie NO! You are in the movie!!

Not one to see on your entertainment center at all!! You can't reproduce the experience even in the top of the line ones. That's a fact!

They say that this one's going to make a Billion Dollars!! Oh Yes it is!!!
    Sal
    Honorary Aussie Too

Deborah Ann Gibson

'I've got all the time in the world - All the things you require - All the strength to survive - All the pain and desire'

Senior Member Supreme Hangar Mechanic DTWMetroSkies's Avatar
    Everyone I've talked to said it was one of the best movies they have ever seen. Frankly these kinds of movies don't interest me, but even people who have never watched science fiction said it was awesome.
    Tim
    Long Live the RedTail
    82 years of flight...

See my Videos on JetVideos, or on FlightLevel350

Eastern Airlines Mogul A Retired Hangar Mechanic Capt. Rickenbacker's Avatar
    I was told by my daughter not to go to the 3D version. She said it was so dense with action and scenery that it was actually distracting from the movie. My wife and I went to a standard showing, and it's really a great and amazing show, the CG rendering was terrific, very real. I agree, have to see it on the big screen first.
    "Aviation is proof that given the will, we can achieve the impossible."

The Downtrodden Worker's Credo: We, the unwilling, led by the unknowing, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful. We have been doing so much for so little for so long, soon we will be doing everything for nothing forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Capt. Rickenbacker View Post
    I was told by my daughter not to go to the 3D version. She said it was so dense with action and scenery that it was actually distracting from the movie. My wife and I went to a standard showing, and it's really a great and amazing show, the CG rendering was terrific, very real. I agree, have to see it on the big screen first.
    For me it was not distracting at all. After a bit you just get sucked into the movie. You become a part of it.

One of the comments that I made to my wife at the end of the movie was...

Well now you have been to another planet. You have lived in an alien world and have have been a participant in an amazing adventure!!

In the IMAX 3D you are in the rooms with the characters. You are in the ships and you are walking on the planet as you look up at the sky above you and see the moons that orbit around the giant gas planet that fills the sky.

The depth and the clarity of the #D is unbelievable!!

You go away feeling that you were really there!!

See it again in 3D and decide for yourself!!
    Sal
    Honorary Aussie Too

Deborah Ann Gibson

A few more scenes...

Sal
    Honorary Aussie Too

Deborah Ann Gibson

Cantankerous curmudgeon Supreme Hangar Mechanic Geoffll's Avatar
    DeletedDeleted
    Last edited by Geoffll; 04-30-2013 at 08:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Geoffll View Post
    I saw Avatar in 3d a few days ago. I think it's astonishing. A great story. Positive and relevant themes. Visually spectacular. Most of the time my jaw was in my lap. Utterly brilliant. I want to go and live on Pandora.
    Me too but that wildlife!!!

Tough crowd!!!
    Sal
    Honorary Aussie Too

Deborah Ann Gibson

A mini report from a friend of mine!!

On Jan 1st I went to see AVATAR for the second time. The first time was the standard 3D version a week earlier.
    On first viewing I was amazed by the visuals of the movie. The story also moved me. I wanted to see it again so I decided
    the next time would be IMAX 3D.

At 8:45AM on January 1st I pulled into the parking lot of the Quarry Theaters in a suburb of Chicago. There was a small line
    of people waiting for the theater to open and there were a good number of cars in the parking lot. When the doors opened at 9AM
    I went and bought my ticket and headed straight to the theater. I found a good seat high up and toward the middle. I didn't
    think the theater would be crowded so early on New Year's Day but it eventually reached about 60% of capacity.

Even though the standard 3D version was tremendous the IMAX 3D version was better. The clarity and scope along with the
    sounds made it seem like I was seeing the movie for the first time.

If you have a chance to AVATAR in IMAX 3D I think it would be well worth any extra cost for the ticket.
    Sal
    Honorary Aussie Too

Deborah Ann Gibson

Senior Member Hangar Mechanic with too Much Free Time Brett E's Avatar
    This is not the sort of movie I would normally go and see but, my boys wanted too see it so I went along as well ,I 'am happpy to say that I thoroughly enjoy the movie,and would recommened it to anyone.

Brett.

Well the movie went over one billion dollars in worldwide receipts today.

Doing just fine with many repeat viewings!!

I gotta see it again!!!
    Sal
    Honorary Aussie Too

Deborah Ann Gibson

Co-Pilot A Retired Hangar Mechanic DPS1's Avatar
    I have just been to see this film tonight, great film with a good storyline.

Just one thing though, without spoiling the movie, what he did to the red dragon was predictable. And whist his little dragon almost killed him daddy dragon never put up a fight : )
    ... ... Aeroclassics Garuda Indonesia F28...

Cantankerous curmudgeon Supreme Hangar Mechanic Geoffll's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DPS1 View Post
    I have just been to see this film tonight, great film with a good storyline.

Just one thing though, without spoiling the movie, what he did to the red dragon was predictable. And whist his little dragon almost killed him daddy dragon never put up a fight : )
    How do you know? All we saw was his jump from ride one towards ride two. We saw nothing else. Presumably it would have been an epic battle before Jake tamed the beast.