Page 8 of 208 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151858108 ... LastLast

Thread: Our Golden Days of Commercial Aviation

Jets make a lotta noise, but they don't talk back! Pro Collector DC-8-556's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by backfire View Post
    OK! I got' to mess you guys up with some more DC-8's!!!

Chris! You there!!!

Sal

Home Base..

OH YEAH BABY!!! Great photo selection Sal! The Intercontinental livery I've not seen before so that is something new for me!

Favorite though is with the CP Air DC-8s' starboard wing tucked under "Mother Goose" in the hanger....Very nice!
    The DC-8 is the best commercial supersonic aircraft ever built!
    OK, so it was only one flight, for a short time, and in a shallow dive. It still counts!

Proud to be a honorary Australian citizen.

Chris

Master Yoda Hangar Trainee backfire's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DC-8-556 View Post
    OH YEAH BABY!!! Great photo selection Sal! The Intercontinental livery I've not seen before so that is something new for me!

Favorite though is with the CP Air DC-8s' starboard wing tucked under "Mother Goose" in the hanger....Very nice!
    Just noticed that wing this morning and I spent a half hour touching up the picture!!!

Many of these slide scans have lots of little imperfections!!!

Sal
    Sal
    Honorary Aussie Too

Deborah Ann Gibson

'I've got all the time in the world - All the things you require - All the strength to survive - All the pain and desire'

Senior Member Master Collector ALITALIA_747's Avatar
    Great photos Sal.. I love that Home base photo with the CP air 747 and DC-8 together.. I want to make it my screensaver..
    Push for Props: Alitalia DC-3, DC-4, DC-6, DC-7, Viscount, Convair 340/440 Metropolitan & Curtis C-46...
    John.

Quote Originally Posted by ALITALIA_747 View Post
    Great photos Sal.. I love that Home base photo with the CP air 747 and DC-8 together.. I want to make it my screensaver..
    Great!

Did you make it work??

Sal
    Sal
    Honorary Aussie Too

Deborah Ann Gibson

'I've got all the time in the world - All the things you require - All the strength to survive - All the pain and desire'

OK! Back to DC-8 Heaven!!!

Sal

KLM DC-8 srs 63 PH-DEB turning onto stand at Heathrow in the early 80's

French Air Force DC-8 45819 F-RAFC at CDG

A hybrid scheme - LAM Linhas Aéreas de Moçambique colours and UTA titles, F-BOLF at Charles de Gualle

Japan Airlines

Points of Call DC-8 C-FNZE seen at Manchester

leased 2 DC-8's from SAS

Sal
    Honorary Aussie Too

Deborah Ann Gibson

Moderator / Dark Jedi Master Collector R. Minor's Avatar
    Loving the French Air Force DC-8.
    Ron / Mr. Polo / Posted With A Mac / Honorary Australian Citizen

Jets make a lotta noise, but they don't talk back! Pro Collector DC-8-556's Avatar
    OK! Back to DC-8 Heaven!!!

Sal

Japan Airlines

Points of Call DC-8 C-FNZE seen at Manchester

Another round of fine photos Sal. Thanks for taking the time to bring these to us! I know you put in much effort to present these photographs/slides in all their brilliance!

The Points of Call C-FNZE, and JAL "TSUKUBA" have both been made by AeroClassics. The JAL model doesn't have the special logo on the rear fuselage as can be seen in the photo though.
    OK, so it was only one flight, for a short time, and in a shallow dive. It still counts!

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by DC-8-556 View Post
    Another round of fine photos Sal. Thanks for taking the time to bring these to us! I know you put in much effort to present these photographs/slides in all their brilliance!

The Points of Call C-FNZE, and JAL "TSUKUBA" have both been made by AeroClassics. The JAL model doesn't have the special logo on the rear fuselage as can be seen in the photo though.
    Thank You Chris!!

I'm just barley geting started on the next bunch...

Here is a before and afte on your CP!!!

Sal

Sal
    Honorary Aussie Too

Deborah Ann Gibson

That's a world of difference between the two! The 1st photo looks like it has a bunch of pubic hair floating around in the air

What beautiful machine the DC-8-43 was!

Chris

I will take one of each if they are done. The first to produce will get my change.

French Air Force DC-8 45819 F-RAFC at CDG

A hybrid scheme - LAM Linhas Aéreas de Moçambique colours and UTA titles, F-BOLF at Charles de Gaulle

Well Phil, there would be 2 customers now for each, as I would take both too!

Chris

Senior Member A Retired Hangar Mechanic PRESTWICK PIONEER's Avatar
    Fuck, those Arista DC8s were due to spend the 1983(or 84 ) season flying out of Prestwick but it never happened, had to go to GLA to see the Points of Call so not gettin that model, the LAM is gorgeous and an A'dlA 8 would be heaven

Watcher of the Skies A Retired Hangar Mechanic egpx's Avatar
    For someone who spent much of his formative years standing on top of the piers at Manchester Airport as well as the Roof Gardens at Heathrow, this thread is an absolutely wonderful trip down memory lane. Most pictures from those two locations were, perhaps, just a year or two before my time but not all. It is almost as interesting to see the building work going on in the background

Both places were superb for aircraft watching and it is a huge shame that people today don't have the same opportunity. I've got some pictures taken from the same spots as these were - I'll have to dig them out...
    Try a little VC10derness

Quote Originally Posted by egpx View Post
    For someone who spent much of his formative years standing on top of the piers at Manchester Airport as well as the Roof Gardens at Heathrow, this thread is an absolutely wonderful trip down memory lane. Most pictures from those two locations were, perhaps, just a year or two before my time but not all. It is almost as interesting to see the building work going on in the background

Both places were superb for aircraft watching and it is a huge shame that people today don't have the same opportunity. I've got some pictures taken from the same spots as these were - I'll have to dig them out...
    Bring them on Please!!!!

Sal
    Sal
    Honorary Aussie Too

Deborah Ann Gibson

OK as I get more BRAzil ready I will post these Boeings!!!

Sal

TWA B707 at Pittsburgh, August 1963

American Boeing 707

American Boeing 707 at Ohare, Aug. 1963

Pan Am Boeing 707 at San Juan, April 1963

Western Airlines Boeing 720 at Phoenix, March 1965

Boeing 707-436 (BOAC)

Yes...I left the best for last!!!!

Boeing-707-328-Air-France-F-BHSC-Hanover-Airport-HAJ-EDDV-Germany

Boeing-707-331C-Fuerza-Aerea-Espanola-Spain-Air-Force-T17-2-Eindhoven-Airport-EIN-EHEH

Last edited by backfire; 07-21-2009 at 03:24 PM.
    Sal
    Honorary Aussie Too

Deborah Ann Gibson