Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 39

Thread: Model Review: PH Virgin Blue 737-700 Standard Colours

  1. #16
    Senior Member Supreme Hangar Mechanic virginbluedude's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    1,201
    I have VH-VBY, the blue one, at it has small little sort of humps in the middle of both wings. Only noticeable if you look at it head on. Is mine the only one with this?

    I can live with it, like I said its really not that noticeable, but it's still there
    Jack

  2. #17
    Senior Member Master Collector steve k's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    HENLEY BEACH*ADELAIDE , SOUTH AUSTRALIA
    Posts
    13,072
    Quote Originally Posted by cougar View Post
    What 3 colours are you refering to mate? Are you including the Ansett liveries as well as the Virgin reverse colours?
    The first 737-377 of Ansett arrived in shooting star livery, have photos of 732 and 733 together, then came the flag tail scheme, closely followed by the final scheme.
    The 767, 727 and A 320 all appeared in the 3 different schemes, as did some fokker 50, f-28 and 146 as i recall. ive been around too long Chris!!!
    Got a nice souvenier S/Card off Uzbekistan 757-200, Happy as!!
    Happy to be part of Aviation Delight Forum
    Owner of Facebook group "1/87 Car, Truck and Earthmover Group."

  3. #18
    Senior Member Master Collector steve k's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    HENLEY BEACH*ADELAIDE , SOUTH AUSTRALIA
    Posts
    13,072
    Quote Originally Posted by virginbluedude View Post
    I have VH-VBY, the blue one, at it has small little sort of humps in the middle of both wings. Only noticeable if you look at it head on. Is mine the only one with this?

    I can live with it, like I said its really not that noticeable, but it's still there
    Post a photo please no humps on mine, I want my money back, a no humping virgin, what next!!
    Happy to be part of Aviation Delight Forum
    Owner of Facebook group "1/87 Car, Truck and Earthmover Group."

  4. #19
    400scalehangar model reviewer Supreme Hangar Mechanic Speedbird91's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Beautiful Sydney
    Posts
    1,462
    Quote Originally Posted by virginbluedude View Post
    I have VH-VBY, the blue one, at it has small little sort of humps in the middle of both wings. Only noticeable if you look at it head on. Is mine the only one with this?

    I can live with it, like I said its really not that noticeable, but it's still there
    Doesn't sound normal. As Steve said, post a couple of shots and we can all have a look........
    Cheers,
    Adam



  5. #20
    Senior Member Master Collector steve k's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    HENLEY BEACH*ADELAIDE , SOUTH AUSTRALIA
    Posts
    13,072
    was gunna say "show us your humps" but SAL might take that the wrong way and this post could deviate off track very quickly, as we all know! perhaps you got the female version of the Virgin??
    Happy to be part of Aviation Delight Forum
    Owner of Facebook group "1/87 Car, Truck and Earthmover Group."

  6. #21
    Senior Member Supreme Hangar Mechanic virginbluedude's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    1,201
    sorry guys, terrible pics taken on my phone. i know they don't show much but you can sorta see the hump on it. i'll try do better tomorrow...



    Jack

  7. #22
    400scalehangar model reviewer Supreme Hangar Mechanic Speedbird91's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Beautiful Sydney
    Posts
    1,462
    Quote Originally Posted by virginbluedude View Post
    sorry guys, terrible pics taken on my phone. i know they don't show much but you can sorta see the hump on it. i'll try do better tomorrow...



    Looks like a QC issue.
    Do the wings have tiny cracks on them? If they do it means the model has Zinc rot. Unlikely, for such a new model, but we cannot rule that out either.
    Cheers,
    Adam



  8. #23
    Master Yoda Ultimate Collector backfire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    SFR
    Posts
    51,232
    Quote Originally Posted by steve k View Post
    was gunna say "show us your humps" but SAL might take that the wrong way and this post could deviate off track very quickly, as we all know! perhaps you got the female version of the Virgin??
    WHAT!!

    Virgins? Where!!!


    Sal
    Sal
    Honorary Aussie Too




    Deborah Ann Gibson

    'I've got all the time in the world - All the things you require - All the strength to survive - All the pain and desire'

  9. #24
    Senior Member Supreme Hangar Mechanic virginbluedude's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    1,201
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedbird91 View Post
    Looks like a QC issue.
    Do the wings have tiny cracks on them? If they do it means the model has Zinc rot. Unlikely, for such a new model, but we cannot rule that out either.
    Nope, no cracks

    In honestly looks like it was just made that way. Thats why when I first got it I thought it might be common to all of phoenix's 737s. It's just like the way my GJ QF 744ER wings curve at the end in an small yet unnatural way (unless my 747 is buggered too)
    Jack

  10. #25
    Senior Member Supreme Hangar Mechanic virginbluedude's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    1,201
    oh and, forgive my ignorance, define QC?
    Jack

  11. #26
    Relief Pilot Supreme Hangar Mechanic M2O.chicago's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Dallas, Texas
    Posts
    1,105
    Flying Doc - are those planes customs? IF not, when and who released them.

    Mike

  12. #27
    Senior Member Supreme Hangar Mechanic virginbluedude's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    1,201
    not a custom, phoenix released them this year
    Jack

  13. #28
    Master of the Cougar Arts Supreme Hangar Mechanic cougar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Adelaide
    Posts
    1,681
    Quote Originally Posted by steve k View Post
    The first 737-377 of Ansett arrived in shooting star livery, have photos of 732 and 733 together, then came the flag tail scheme, closely followed by the final scheme.
    The 767, 727 and A 320 all appeared in the 3 different schemes, as did some fokker 50, f-28 and 146 as i recall. ive been around too long Chris!!!
    Got a nice souvenier S/Card off Uzbekistan 757-200, Happy as!!
    Nice work Steve, another one for the collection

  14. #29
    Senior Member A Retired Hangar Mechanic Groover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Canberra, AUSTRALIA
    Posts
    3,731
    Quote Originally Posted by virginbluedude View Post
    oh and, forgive my ignorance, define QC?
    That's Quality Control.
    Hi, I'm Ray
    The Grover with two 'O' s




    'Flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.' - Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

  15. #30
    Senior Member Master Collector steve k's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    HENLEY BEACH*ADELAIDE , SOUTH AUSTRALIA
    Posts
    13,072
    Quote Originally Posted by Groover View Post
    That's Quality Control.
    QANTAS CAPTAIN perhaps!!???
    Happy to be part of Aviation Delight Forum
    Owner of Facebook group "1/87 Car, Truck and Earthmover Group."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •