Thread: Welcome to the Boneyard!

ba777-236

Welcome to the Boneyard!

So why do this forum section exist you may ask?

Well it is a sub-section for our trader section here on the forum. If any collector wishes to sell/trade or simply giveaway their spare parts of models - or even request them, this is the place to do so!

Say for example you have some extra landing gears lying around, you can offer them here in this section. Or, if you're looking for that extra engine, this is the place to ask.

Inspired by a request from user blsbls99, we hope this section will help some collectors fix those broken models

Relief Pilot Supreme Hangar Mechanic mpjetlinerphotos's Avatar
    Wonderful idea!
    Waiting for a 1/400 L-1011 that looks like...... an L-1011!

L-1011-Heavy
    I Need A Box Too! DW JAL 747 (100th 747 To JAL) In The Skycruiser Livery!@

Relief Pilot Supreme Hangar Mechanic starlifter94's Avatar
    Faheem, just an idea. Would this also be a good place to begin tracking condemned models. Say, for example, AC released 300 units of X Airline B707s. If someone offers up one of these for parts because it's broken, the database could track it, and we would know that really, there are only 299 good units in circulation. Not sure how this would work for other manufacturers where the number made is unknown. But if at least the number that are "no longer in service" is known, it would make that particular model that is still in service that much more valuable. I know it's not a perfect way to track since not everyone reports their damaged models, but it might be an interesting tool. Just a thought as I was posting one of my models under the BoneYard forum.

Training Captain Pro Collector transnat's Avatar
    Fantastic idea. Another great initiative from 400SH.

Tnat
    Tnat

Keep your feet on the ground and keep reaching for the stars

See the 1226 models in Transnat's collection @ http://www.diecastmodelaircraft.com/collect/

Jets make a lotta noise, but they don't talk back! Pro Collector DC-8-556's Avatar
    Faheem's original post was from early 2007. It would be nice to see usage of this sub-section for the older models no one can any longer sell without postage getting in the way. Damaged models too, still have a certain value(not much), but to some they do as donors. Trade, or just sell for the postage costs would be nice to see. Anyone that throws a model in the garbage because of a broken thing or two, should think twice before doing it.........One man's garbage is another man's treasure.
    The DC-8 is the best commercial supersonic aircraft ever built!
    OK, so it was only one flight, for a short time, and in a shallow dive. It still counts!

Proud to be a honorary Australian citizen.

Chris

Training Captain Pro Collector transnat's Avatar
    Holy hell. I must be slipping not to have noticed this before.

Tnat
    Tnat

Keep your feet on the ground and keep reaching for the stars

See the 1226 models in Transnat's collection @ http://www.diecastmodelaircraft.com/collect/

Co-Pilot A Retired Hangar Mechanic CYYZ Guy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ba777-236 View Post
    So why do this forum section exist you may ask?

Well it is a sub-section for our trader section here on the forum. If any collector wishes to sell/trade or simply giveaway their spare parts of models - or even request them, this is the place to do so!

Say for example you have some extra landing gears lying around, you can offer them here in this section. Or, if you're looking for that extra engine, this is the place to ask.

Inspired by a request from user blsbls99, we hope this section will help some collectors fix those broken models
    Do you have a spare AV 400 747 nose gear gear for my Iran Air 747-200 that arrived in the mail with a busted nose gear?

I assume its the same nose gear found on Aeroclassics/Big Bird 747s.
    Jeff

Check out my airline livery blog!

https://justplanecrazyairlineliveries.wordpress.com/

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
    -Leonardo da Vinci

ba777-236
    Sorry Jeff, no.. I've actually been looking for an extra BB400 gear myself.

Junior Member Junior Hangar Mechanic BWIJetcollector's Avatar
    Looking for a set of main gear for a DW A300........

Training Captain Ultimate Collector JustPlaneCrazy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BWIJetcollector View Post
    Looking for a set of main gear for a DW A300........
    Well, you might post a thread asking for them, you will get a lot more response than asking in this thread
    Correct response to being robbed at gunpoint
    ---------------------------------------

THE NUMBER ONE CAUSE OF DEATH
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ