Page 65 of 72 FirstFirst ... 1555585960616263646566676869707172 LastLast

Thread: Perth Airport, Western Australia

Master of the Cougar Arts Supreme Hangar Mechanic cougar's Avatar
    nothing received yet Gavin, I dont know if they are at the atores yet even. Glad to hear that your enjoying things mate, so much to see by road..

Training Captain Pro Collector transnat's Avatar
    My IPEC's are still "pending". That is a superb looking fleet of DC-10's Gavin.

Tnat
    Tnat

Keep your feet on the ground and keep reaching for the stars

See the 1226 models in Transnat's collection @ http://www.diecastmodelaircraft.com/collect/

Senior Member A Retired Hangar Mechanic Groover's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gavin Miller View Post
    ... Now happily itinerant in our new caravan. Unfortunately, my little Perth Airport is now all stacked away in storage, so no new images for a while! ...
    Gavin, if your travels happen to take you through Canberra (after we complete our move in February), you and your lovely wife Sue are more than welcome to come visit us. I would love to repay your kind gesture from a few years back and have you both stay for tea at the very least.

Safe driving and happy trails.
    Hi, I'm Ray
    The Grover with two 'O' s

'Flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.' - Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

Gavin should you make Canberra, you'll only be 90 minutes south of Bowral. Once you've spent some time with Ray, you would be more than welcome to come and stay with us for a while.

P1040292.jpg

Tnat
    Tnat

See the 1226 models in Transnat's collection @ http://www.diecastmodelaircraft.com/collect/

Senior Member Regular Hangar Mechanic Brundle's Avatar
    How about a picture of the new caravan Gavin, I have enjoyed some of the links at the bottom of your posts. Do you trust the banks with your money?

Enjoy Living The Life Gav
    www.youtube.com/scaleaircraftvdo

Converted Plastic Modeller A Retired Hangar Mechanic Gavin Miller's Avatar
    Wow. Thanks for the kind offers guys. I would definitely look you up if nearby. Ian what a lovely home you have. My wife was impressed by your garden.

My grand vision of Australia-wide travel may be put on hold for a while though. Wife missed the grand kids too much on our first trip away so we may have to be happy with gradually extended trips around Western Australia for the time being.

Here's what my new "home on wheels" (a 20ft Jayco) looks like. The day we picked it up and inside views. No room for a model airport unfortunately but at least it has a full en suite with shower and toilet for this old fart. I believe in "camping" in comfort! haha.

Gavin
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Brundle View Post
    Gavin, I have enjoyed some of the links at the bottom of your posts. Do you trust the banks with your money?

Enjoy Living The Life Gav
    Dean, I definitely do NOT trust the banking system with my money. If the general public were paying attention to unfolding events in Europe and the US there would be a run on Banks around the globe! The system is teetering on collapse and is only being sustained by the US Federal Reserve continuing to "print money" (not literally as the new "money" is just ones and zeroes in a computer). We've all seen where money printing leads (think Weimar Germany or, more recently, Zimbabwe).

I prefer to hold my assets in the ancient currencies - physical gold and silver. They can't be devalued by Governments "printing" more of them and Banks don't have the ability to create them out of thin air (e.g. fractional reserve banking).

Gav

Senior Member Regular Hangar Mechanic Brundle's Avatar
    Gavin you have an awesome caravan there, I can only imagine the million dollar views you will be waking up to out of that lounge window. Oh and I do see a spot for the airport as long as you do not mind eating in bed hahaha. The good side to returning to the grandchildren is you can run an extension lead to the caravan and have free power and water.

I am having a good hard look at moving money into Gods currencies (gold and silver). I am sure you will be preaching the word on your exiting new travels.

Take care

Dean
    www.youtube.com/scaleaircraftvdo

Gavin, that picture was taken in Autumn. It looks sensational in spring. When I get time I'll post some pictures.

Tnat
    Tnat

Well ... it looks like my caravaning days are over for the time being.

Family issues have forced me to return to Perth and lease a home to put a roof over my kids and grandkids heads (very tight rental market here at the moment and they looked like being on the street). Long story!

Anyway, looking on the bright side, this house has a huge games room that wifey is more than happy for me to use to set up my model railroad and model airport.

Today the postman delivered a new DC-10-30 for my little Perth diorama.

This recently released MAS version by AeroClassics is the last DC-10 I needed to complete my collection of old Perth DC-10 operators.

Here she is taxying in to park between Garuda's PK-GIA and some US military visitors.

Gavin

PS - can't understand why the photo is degraded via Photobucket. The pic I uploaded was a lot clearer ...

Last edited by Gavin Miller; 02-12-2012 at 10:31 AM.

Senior Member Regular Hangar Mechanic Kabasch's Avatar
    What a beautiful picture! I like that color schemes of the seventies. Clear lines, clear colors.

Professional Hangar Mechanic Senior Hangar Mechanic virginaustralia787's Avatar
    nice work. i love the old aircraft that go with it they make a nice touch!

Great picture Gavin. Welcome back

(What is Photobucket??)

Tnat
    Tnat

ba777-236
    Glad to have your airport back and running Gavin, even though the circumstances aren't the greatest..

Ian, Photobucket is a photo-sharing service.. a website where you can upload pics to share them with users.

Thanks Faheeem. I'm light years behind most people when it comes to this sort of stuff.

Tnat
    Tnat