Page 15 of 72 FirstFirst ... 589101112131415161718192021222565 ... LastLast

Thread: Perth Airport, Western Australia

Co-Pilot A Retired Hangar Mechanic davesoda's Avatar
    looks great as usual Gav. Well done
    Cheers,

Dave

See the OVER 600 (1:400) models in my collection at:

http://www.diecastaircraftforum.com/...tion-3626.html

Please AK make me a fleet of IPEC aircraft! DC-3, Argosy and DC-9s! (Jet-X beat you on the DC-9s AK!)

Converted Plastic Modeller A Retired Hangar Mechanic Gavin Miller's Avatar
    I'm luvin' finally having TAA aircraft to display on my airport. You would have to be Australian I guess to understand how necessary this livery is to any Aussie diorama.

Gavin

I just decalled new coroguard inspars on my AC Singapore Airlines 707 so I thought I would give it a turn on the apron at "Perth".

This would have been an interesting day for spotters in the 70s

A "local" 707 down from Singapore and a BOAC VC-10 resting its wings after flying halfway around the globe from London.

Gavin

ba777-236
    Gavin, your airport continues to amaze us all.. great work

Éminence Grise A Retired Hangar Mechanic TK-421's Avatar
    Fantastic work Gav. You really bring the best out of the models.
    Looks awesome.
    Trent

Co-Pilot A Retired Hangar Mechanic davesoda's Avatar
    Gavin any chance you could do me a favor and put some wing tip antennas on two Gemini 747s of fine? let me know mate.
    Cheers,

Dave

See the OVER 600 (1:400) models in my collection at:

http://www.diecastaircraftforum.com/...tion-3626.html

Please AK make me a fleet of IPEC aircraft! DC-3, Argosy and DC-9s! (Jet-X beat you on the DC-9s AK!)

Junior Member Junior Hangar Mechanic raaf00's Avatar
    Very nice terminal very neat work. Great layout. Just wondering what you used to make the grass?

Thanks for your compliments guys.

Dave, I have so many projects of my own outstanding (trains and planes) I just I don't have time to take on "outside" work. I would suggest those antennas would be broken off by the time the model shipped back to Melbourne anyway! (they are not the strongest because they're only secured by a tiny spot of s'glue).

raaf00, the grass is made with model railroad scatter material from "Woodland Scenics" - available in hobby stores. I blended 2 different shades to get a more natural look.

Gavin

The last shot in the sequence.

Singapore's 9V-BBB has been refuelled and replenished, passengers loaded and is now taxying for departure to Singapore.

Gavin

Senior Member Regular Hangar Mechanic baxter66's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gavin Miller View Post
    I received my very first AeroClassics Super Connie today.

Wow! What a lovely little model that perfectly captures the beautiful lines of this wonderful aircraft.

The only detracting feature is the ugly wing/fuselage joint cutting a right-angle through the rear fuselage. I used Photoshop to edit it out for a more realistic photo .

Ok...my eyes are playing tricks on me. Gavin, which of the pics are real?

Nice...simply nice!

Relief Pilot Supreme Hangar Mechanic Ciderman's Avatar
    I've just paid the Model Airports section a visit again. Once more, your model looks absolutely stunning.
    Most wanted in 1/400: Boeing 737-200 Condor (grey), Boeing 737-300 Condor (grey), Boeing 737-300 Euroberlin, Boeing 767-300ER LTU süd, Douglas DC-9-32 Aero Lloyd (rainbow), Caravelle 10R Aero Loyd (rainbow)

Master of the Cougar Arts Supreme Hangar Mechanic cougar's Avatar
    Thanks for putting me onto your art work Gavin, a wonderful journey through time mate. Many memories and smiles, I take my hat off to you.

Training Captain Pro Collector transnat's Avatar
    Everytime I take a look at this thread it makes me feel good! Thanks again Gavin.

Tnat
    Tnat

Keep your feet on the ground and keep reaching for the stars

See the 1226 models in Transnat's collection @ http://www.diecastmodelaircraft.com/collect/

TAA were the first to introduce widebody airliners to Australian domestic routes in 1981 (Ansett's first widebody, the 767, wasn't introduced until 1983).

It is great to have AeroClassics' fantastic new model of Australia's first domestic widebody, the TAA A300B4 VH-TAA "James Cook" to add to my Perth diorama (x2 to represent the busy periods!).

By the time the A300 was introduced the domestic parking apron at Perth had been increased in area to accomodate nose-in parking.

Here two TAA A300s load passengers for Sydney and Melbourne while a Qantas 747 is replenished for its onward flight to Jo'burg. In the background is the Royal Oman Flight VC10 A4O-AB which visited Perth on 23rd March 1985 (I believe it was here to collect shopping for the royal family).

Gavin

By 1985 the TAA A300s would have been sharing the apron with Ansett 767s in "streaming stars" livery but I will just have to "imagine" them for the moment!

I shouldn't post photos of the real thing as you will pick differences with my model but here is what an average day would have looked like in the early eighties. This photo was probably taken before Ansett took delivery of their 767s.

I will have to add another "lift-off" structure to my diorama - that block of departure lounges in the foreground built right over the nice lawns. The beginning of the end of the "relaxed" Perth Airport with lawns and gardens. It would soon be all "tar and cement".

Training Captain Pro Collector transnat's Avatar
    Gavin,

I must say I enjoy your wonderful collection of photos almost as much as I enjoy your model.

Tnat
    Tnat

Keep your feet on the ground and keep reaching for the stars

See the 1226 models in Transnat's collection @ http://www.diecastmodelaircraft.com/collect/