Page 13 of 72 FirstFirst ... 3678910111213141516171819202363 ... LastLast

Thread: Perth Airport, Western Australia

Relief Pilot Supreme Hangar Mechanic Ciderman's Avatar
    These photos are super stunning!! I particularly like the overview shot where you can see the terminal crowded with (Herpa?) people.

Although I am quite experienced with 1/600 custom models I don't dare to try my luck with a 1/400 model. Yours looks so good.
    Most wanted in 1/400: Boeing 737-200 Condor (grey), Boeing 737-300 Condor (grey), Boeing 737-300 Euroberlin, Boeing 767-300ER LTU süd, Douglas DC-9-32 Aero Lloyd (rainbow), Caravelle 10R Aero Loyd (rainbow)

Converted Plastic Modeller A Retired Hangar Mechanic Gavin Miller's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciderman View Post
    These photos are super stunning!! I particularly like the overview shot where you can see the terminal crowded with (Herpa?) people.
    Thanks Martin. Yes, they are Herpa people.

In 1973 TIA operated a DC-8-63 on freight charters through Perth. As I can't buy a Srs 63 in 1/400 scale the GJ Srs 61 is "standing in" for the -63.

British Caledonian also operated ad-hoc migrant charters from the UK to Perth in the early 1970s.

South African of course was a "regular" on scheduled services between Jo'burg and Sydney.

I need to invest in some mega-wattage floodlights. Can't get enough light through the window and onto the diorama now the summer sun has moved higher in the sky!

Gavin

Senior Member A Retired Hangar Mechanic
    [QUOTE=Gavin Miller;262201]
    I need to invest in some mega-wattage floodlights. Can't get enough light through the window and onto the diorama now the summer sun has moved higher in the sky!

Gavin

QUOTE]

Oh Gavin,
    I can recommend an eletrician who will do wonders for your lighting needs
    He's very good at lighting..................................fires!

Relief Pilot Supreme Hangar Mechanic mario13's Avatar
    Congratz, that is one Awesome Model Airport!

What a difference lighting makes!

I am in the process of moving my hobby room upstairs to a much bigger room being vacated by my son. In so doing I placed my airport diorama beside a different window temporarily. When I pulled the blind up I noticed how the afternoon sun cast long shadows across the diorama and gave the model a different "feel".

This could be a late afternoon turnaround of a BA service to London. In the background an Ansett 722 is serviced for a return to the east coast and a US Navy P-3C Orion is overnighting on one of its regular visits to Perth.

Gavin

It just gets better and better.

Relief Pilot Supreme Hangar Mechanic SNBA's Avatar
    Excellent picture!
    Davy

Training Captain Pro Collector transnat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by QFA388 View Post
    It just gets better and better.
    It does doesn't it! Wonderful images, superbly presented.

Tnat
    Tnat

Keep your feet on the ground and keep reaching for the stars

See the 1226 models in Transnat's collection @ http://www.diecastmodelaircraft.com/collect/

Master Ocean Pilot A Retired Hangar Mechanic TRON's Avatar

Cool

Every time I look at it the more I like it.Superb job.The afternoon pic is magnificent

-------------------------------------------------------------
    Dimitri

Jets make a lotta noise, but they don't talk back! Pro Collector DC-8-556's Avatar
    Gavin,

It's time for you to publish this! These works of art, and advice, are positively
    the best!-The Perth Airport and Railroad Authority'.....I'd buy a copy or two.!

The stuff you have mentioned in this thread, and many others, are very
    inspiring. Thanks!

Diecast Quality Inspector Pro Collector Adrian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gavin Miller View Post
    South African of course was a "regular" on scheduled services between Jo'burg and Sydney.

Gavin, which South African 707 model is that as it is in a later livery than the Aeroclassics model and is a -300 series with silver (not blue) engines?
    Adrian

The missing B.707s still needed to be done: Uganda Airlines, MEA -Q-Jet, PIA -final, TMA of Lebanon (with correct Lemon colour tail)

DC-8s still needed to be done: UAT, Iberia ('80s scheme), Air Ceylon, Air Spain, Seaboard World (-63)

Caravelles still needed to be made: Luxair, Air Algerie, Sabena (final 'S' logo scheme}, SAS 'SCANDINAVIAN' late '60s scheme; Libyan Arab Airlines

Quote Originally Posted by Adrian View Post
    Gavin, which South African 707 model is that as it is in a later livery than the Aeroclassics model and is a -300 series with silver (not blue) engines?
    You are quite right Adrian! It's a custom I did myself as the blue engined -344 series 707s never came to Perth (lack of range I believe). Refer posts 174 and 179 above.

Gavin

Ok Gavin,

I gotta ask cause you're driving me crazy.

I saw the post showing your lighting set up but I can't take pics with your quality.
    I have a baby A400 Canon P&S and outside etc. takes really good pics. Come inside and the Gremlins take over.

It would be easier for me to grow feathers and fly.
    What is the secret pls.
    Tim

Quote Originally Posted by QFA388 View Post
    I saw the post showing your lighting set up but I can't take pics with your quality ... What is the secret pls.
    Tim
    My quality?

I have always thought mine were pretty ordinary compared to those of Todd and Faheem and others whose photos are always crystal clear and sharp.

I just use a Fuji FinePix 2800 point and shoot (2 megapixel).

The best shots are obviously with natural light - then it doesn't matter what camera you're using, the light works wonders!

I struggle with the light from my Ikea floods. I always have to adjust the brightness and contrast in Photoshop before posting.

Think I might visit a camera shop and see if I can pick up some real photographic floodlights.

Gavin

Senior Member Hangar Mechanic with too Much Free Time paul247's Avatar
    top notch,.i wish i had the space to do this.
    SECOND STAR TO THE RIGHT, THEN STRAIGHT ON TILL MORNING.