PDA

View Full Version : NEED ADVICE: Busted Aeroclassics DC10

DPS1
01-19-2014, 03:02 PM
I recieved this model from a member here but hes not really to blame on the condition, As i trust it was sent out with best intentions, and we all know about the front gear in shipping.

So now i have it like this, how do i get the remaining part of the front gear out?

Can i just dip the front of the model in hot water? or will this strip the paint?

I have already ordered a replacement model, and it might still be useless if i cant get a front gear, but i would like to try play about with it and see if i can save it.

Any tips

GBEPS
01-19-2014, 04:35 PM
Since the front gear is normally not glued in (unless it was done by the previous owner), it should come out if you pull it with tweezers. The gear door is also just pushed in, no glue.

Capt. Rickenbacker
04-05-2014, 11:44 PM
Hot water, even boiling water, will not affect the paint. When it comes to pulling a metal gear out of the well, though, it probably won't work. It really only works somewhat with plastic gears.

If you can't get the gear out, try removing as much of the stub as you can, and remove the main gears as well. You can fabricate closed gear doors from styrene, paint them, and get a decent stand for the model. Drill out the stand hole and you can have a flying version of your model.