PDA

View Full Version : Info on shipping to Brazil

aviationcombr
05-05-2010, 11:03 PM
Hi!
I wrote a message to Threshold yesterday (about shipping to Brazil and other information), but don't received an answer yet... :-(
I'm interested on a special model from their list (and saw the same model on two other retailers) and want to choose where I'll buy it.
Best regards,
Daniel

aviationcombr
05-06-2010, 09:46 PM
Still waiting for an answer... :-(

CBL
05-06-2010, 10:28 PM
Still waiting for an answer... :-(

You should call them directly rather than whinning here.

Shipping to Brazil is expensive from Canada ($18 for 500g) and takes ages because of the custom clearance or whatever else.
The buyer then starts to complain, fill a paypal request and then you are screwed.

I have stopped shipping to Brazil for this reason. Would only do it for somebody I know.

Jr.Lopez
05-07-2010, 07:40 AM
With a PhD on shipping to Brazil under regular USPS First Class Mail it will be at least 10USD per model and depending on the final destination a Min. of 2 weeks (Sao Paulo) to some cases of 2 months (North of Brazil).

And like Philippe said Brazil customs can be a real PAIN in the ARSE.

Otavio Santos
05-07-2010, 12:37 PM
Daniel, the best way to reach them is thru e-mail.

Concerning shipping from Canada to BR is is really expensive but most of the shipping methods have insurance. And take note that in no less than 30 business days the model will land on your location in Brazil. As a side note I never lost a single model when using Canada post.

Cheers

aviationcombr
05-07-2010, 03:56 PM
I've bought a VARIG DC-8 (GeminiJets) from them today. The shipping (air mail) was about US$ 15. Not so much!

The bad thing it the time spend from seller to my home. I've been buying models from everywhere (USA, Canada, Hong Kong, China) and parcels spends from 15 to 60 days to be delivered. Fortunately, I never had a parcel lost or damaged until now, but our post is really very slow... slow like an ancient turtle! ;)

Mickey Bodog
05-14-2010, 10:42 PM
I've bought a VARIG DC-8 (GeminiJets) from them today. The shipping (air mail) was about US$ 15. Not so much!

The bad thing it the time spend from seller to my home. I've been buying models from everywhere (USA, Canada, Hong Kong, China) and parcels spends from 15 to 60 days to be delivered. Fortunately, I never had a parcel lost or damaged until now, but our post is really very slow... slow like an ancient turtle! ;)

We only charge the actual cost of the shipping. We make zero profit off of shipping. Our website will quote you the exact cost of shipping with either Canada Post or FedEx service via a live link with those two companies. Please let us know when you receive your model ok. We don't have much feedback on oders shipped to Brasil yet. Thanks!;)