PDA

View Full Version : Wanted Aeroclassics/PL Models Connie nosegear

Adrian
03-11-2009, 08:34 AM
My PL Models TWA L-749 Constellation fell off its shelf - still in its box - and I was horrified to find that all the undercarriage legs got broken! The break was mid-leg, so impossible to fix! Anyway I managed to get a replacement model from a dealer in Switzerland and it arrived today....with broken nose gear again!! :cry:
Does anyone have a Connie that can donate its nose undercarriage leg perhaps?

ProfCaravellius
03-11-2009, 08:47 AM
Cyanoacrylate will glue even a mid-leg broken connies gear. Not the easiest but doable if you try.

R. Minor
03-11-2009, 10:56 AM
I have a spare Connie in storage Adrian, let me take look to see what's what.

CBL
03-11-2009, 11:42 AM
Cyanoacrylate will glue even a mid-leg broken connies gear. Not the easiest but doable if you try.

Specially if you also glue a tiny piece of metal wire on the back ;)

Alternatively you could ask your spy in China :^^: :lol:

amesmj
03-11-2009, 05:40 PM
Adrian, I can send you a bottle of "War Glue" to try to repair the undercarriages if you want? no charge.

Adrian
03-18-2009, 10:42 AM

Thanks Jan, I've actually fixed it as you suggested!

Adrian, I can send you a bottle of "War Glue" to try to repair the undercarriages if you want? no charge.

Greatly appreciate your kind offer but Super Glue has done the trick...on Connie #1 at least, thanks.

Specially if you also glue a tiny piece of metal wire on the back ;)

Alternatively you could ask your spy in China :^^: :lol:

Philippe, I asked 'my spy in China' for a BB400/AC B747 nose gear leg ages ago, but it didn't appear , so he is rather unreliable!

I have a spare Connie in storage Adrian, let me take look to see what's what.

Ron, my PL Models TWA Connies are plagued with bad luck as I have a second one with smashed
undercarriage (and one piece lost) so if you or anyone has a complete Connie gear to spare, or that can be removed from a redundant model, it would still be appreciated.