PDA

View Full Version : The New Partnership

Speedbird91
10-10-2008, 07:14 AM
'A picture says a thousand words'

Ladies and Gentlemen, a new generation of model reviews is just beginning.

A fellow 400SH member will be joining me in the development of my future reviews by taking the important job of creating beautiful photographs which will accompany my reviews to provide you with the most informative, objective reviews this side of the tarmac.

Photography is considered the art of today. It is the Impressionist art movement reinventing itself this time through the medium of digital media. It captures the beauty and light of a scene by the simple press of a button.
Who better to use their skills and knowledge of this area than someone like Lorenzo?

Without doubt one of the best photographers 400SH has ever had the privilege of witnessing, Lorenzo photographs his models on his beautiful diorama with care and pays close attention to detail. He brings out the elegance of the airplane and its features even if it is 1:400 model!

With my detailed reviews and Lorenzo's beautiful photographs our aim is to explain the models features, positive and negative, history of the airline, useful information on manufacturers + pricing and an outstanding array of photography that captures these points through simple images.

:)

'Sometimes a slab of writing often doesn't clearly explain anything while one image can explain everything'

R. Minor
10-10-2008, 07:20 AM
Alright... Banana Boy... ;)

Sportyboy
10-10-2008, 07:26 AM
Wow, did not know anything about all of this!

Well, perhaps I did...

;)

Adam, thanks for your great words! Do not overestimate my skills too much though! :lol:

Will try my best guys!

;)

Speedbird91
10-10-2008, 07:32 AM

Well, perhaps I did...

;)

Adam, thanks for your great words! Do not overestimate my skills too much though! :lol:

Will try my best guys!

;)

No pressure! :lol:

Jokes.

Not overestimating your skills at all, just happy as the pictures will be 100 times better than what I have now.

Me and photoshop don't mix..........and my glass tabletop doesn't make a great tarmac for the diorama.

Otavio Santos
10-10-2008, 07:44 AM
That´s fantastic !

The better diecast writer and the best photographer together. Great!

R. Minor
10-10-2008, 07:51 AM

Well, perhaps I did...

;)

Will try my best guys!

;)

Come now Lorenzo... You will do a great job. ;)

CO Rudy
10-10-2008, 07:51 AM
Good luck Lorenzo and Adam,

Looking forward to see your pictures and reviews.

CO Rudy.

Sportyboy
10-10-2008, 08:07 AM
Thanks for all the encouragement!

Me and Adam thought that the reviews will be followed by 4 pics:

1) Side view;
2) Top view;
3) Close-ups (they may vary depending on which model is the review about);
4) Artistic pic (pic with the model plus another from the same airline, with some GSE, night shot etc etc).

What do you think about it?

;)

Flyingdoc
10-10-2008, 08:10 AM
What an excellent concept!

I'm looking forward to this.;)

Speedbird91
10-10-2008, 08:19 AM
Great to hear...
I'm looking forward to this too :)

R. Minor
10-10-2008, 08:47 AM

1) Side view;
2) Top view;
4) Artistic pic (pic with the model plus another from the same airline, with some GSE, night shot etc etc).

;)

Sounds like a great idea to me. ;)

backfire
10-10-2008, 11:56 AM

1) Side view;
2) Top view;

;)

And a real picture of a Stewardess that flew on that plane!!! yes!

Bash Sal Bash

Sorry Sorry !!! :lol:

ANA Mohican
10-10-2008, 12:03 PM
http://www.myemoticons.com/emoticons/images/msn/moods/clap.gif Great combo.

cs-tbr
10-10-2008, 12:41 PM
And a real picture of a Stewardess that flew on that plane!!! yes!...

WITHOUT CLOTHES!!! :banana::banana::banana:
erhh... right Sal???:^^:

CONGRATS LORENZOyes!

Sportyboy
10-10-2008, 04:36 PM
Sal, let me see what I can do!

Francisco, what if the stewardess flew on the plane like.... 50 years back? Still want no clothes?

:lol:

CBL
10-10-2008, 05:14 PM
And a real picture of a Stewardess that flew on that plane!!! yes!

Bash Sal Bash

Sorry Sorry !!! :lol:

Ok but only with a good resolution so we can zoom in :lol:

Well done guys, look forward for the first collaborative work ;)

DC-8-556
10-10-2008, 05:23 PM
Ay, Caramba!:crazy::crazy: Good stuff Adam and Lorenzo!. Both you guys post quality stuff, now we can see some of it in a single thread or post! ;)

backfire
10-10-2008, 05:27 PM

Francisco, what if the stewardess flew on the plane like.... 50 years back? Still want no clothes?

NO! Clothes!!! A Coat A Big One It's Cold Outside!!!! :shock:

Sal :lol:

Groover
10-10-2008, 06:20 PM
Very pleased with the news of the collaboration of Adam and the Big BB. I am sure this will improve what has become an excellent resource for the collectorate of 400SH. (Not that I had any problem with your pics, Adam) From this point on, I shall have to refer to you both as the Dynamic Duo. Oh, in case you were wondering, that's Lorenzo on the right. ;)

DC-8-556
10-10-2008, 06:24 PM
Very pleased with the news of the collaboration of Adam and the Big BB. I am sure this will improve what has become an excellent resource for the collectorate of 400SH. (Not that I had any problem with your pics, Adam) From this point on, I shall have to refer to you both as the Dynamic Duo. Oh, in case you were wondering, that's Lorenzo on the right. ;)

LMAO! That's classic! :lol::lol:

cs-tbr
10-10-2008, 08:04 PM

Only if you could go back in time and take the pic:crazy::^^:

transnat
10-10-2008, 10:25 PM
I'm excited!! Looking forward to all of this.

Tnat

Speedbird91
10-10-2008, 11:02 PM
When I first started writing my reviews I did everything, pictures and all.
But I had such little time in my busy life that reviews were behind, let alone pictures, so I just used the database pix.

But that is a cop-out because they are often small and they don't give you the details that Lorenzo's photos do!

Great to see you all like the new combo.

Groover
10-11-2008, 02:15 AM
So Batman, what's the first aircraft that will be subject to the review by the dynamic duo? Will it be Alitalia or Hawaiian?

Sportyboy
10-11-2008, 02:40 AM
I am glad you guys like the idea!

I am honoured to "support" Adam's reviews with my pics and I promise I'll try to do my very best!

;)

Mr G, love the "Dynamic Duo" name!

So Batman, what's the first aircraft that will be subject to the review by the dynamic duo? Will it be Alitalia or Hawaiian?

The Nui review is about something exotic coming from very nearby your place!

steve k
10-11-2008, 03:21 AM
Go "mello yello"" the pink trucker is enthused by this idea and looks forward to the outcome, great idea, just wait until I start making some old style EG 50's-60 era hangars!! to add to some of our dioramas in the future. If any of you want to, click on to my members page to get a bit of an idea as to what i am on about, displayed on the diorama I did for collectors models Australia back in 2002. The diorama was in 500 scale, but easily adapted for 400 scale, for those nostalgia people like me who love the old style hangars. Any way good luck with the review photos!!;)

Sportyboy
10-11-2008, 03:23 AM
Hey PT, go on with your project and please, keep us up to date!

Thanks for the encouragement!

;)

steve k
10-11-2008, 03:31 AM
Absolutely and will send you a sample in the near future as we need some old type hangars made and I have some great ideas in mind, perhaps some readers can contribute some photos, most of my hangar ideas will be very much based on 50's designs as seen at Adelaide and many other Aussie airports, will contact you soon, PINKY!!

Sportyboy
10-11-2008, 03:52 AM
Absolutely and will send you a sample in the near future as we need some old type hangars made and I have some great ideas in mind, perhaps some readers can contribute some photos, most of my hangar ideas will be very much based on 50's designs as seen at Adelaide and many other Aussie airports, will contact you soon, PINKY!!

Alitalia maintenance hangar as seen at FCO!

yes!

steve k
10-11-2008, 04:00 AM
Alitalia maintenance hangar as seen at FCO!

yes!

email a photo of it, lets see what Pinky can come up with!!
Steve K;)

Groover
10-11-2008, 04:10 AM
...Mr G, love the "Dynamic Duo" name!...

Glad you like it Robin.

The Nui review is about something exotic coming from very nearby your place!

Hmmm, let me guess. The Air Niugini A300 by Aeroclassics. I have this model and love it. I used to watch it flying over Brisbane in my younger years. My wife was also born in New Guinea (Niugini) at a place called Rabaul.

Sportyboy
10-11-2008, 04:12 AM
Hmmm, let me guess. The Air Niugini A300 by Aeroclassics. I have this model and love it. I used to watch it flying over Brisbane in my younger years. My wife was also born in New Guinea (Niugini) at a place called Rabaul.

Aaaaaaaaaaaahhhhh!

Noooooooooooooooo!

Paaaaiiinnnnnn!

I have not that model!

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Actually, it is the Air Tahiti Nui!

;)

steve k
10-11-2008, 04:15 AM
Glad you like it Robin.

Ah we have a Rabaul and a cause!! thats GROOVERY!!

Groover
10-11-2008, 04:27 AM
Aaaaaaaaaaaahhhhh!

Noooooooooooooooo!

Paaaaiiinnnnnn!

I have not that model!

;)

Just as well that you aren't doing Air Niugini, otherwise I would have to take the pictures; send them to you via email and you would have had to pretend that you took them. ;)

Groover
10-11-2008, 04:28 AM
Ah we have a Rabaul and a cause!! thats GROOVERY!!

I usually tell people that I am a rebel without a clue. :lol:

steve k
10-11-2008, 04:33 AM
I usually tell people that I am a rebel without a clue. :lol:

that now makes two of us!!:^^: we are all rebels, and sadly clue less at times too!!
pinky!!

Speedbird91
10-11-2008, 05:40 AM
Hey Lorenzo, I don't think they got the hint?

Or perhaps........

Yes, as Lorenzo said, the next review will be Gemini's Air Tahiti Nui A340-300.

cougar
10-11-2008, 05:52 AM
sounds impressive, I look forward to seeing this in action, when do we exprect the first one of the new era?

Speedbird91
10-11-2008, 05:59 AM
Should be up early next week, perhaps Tuesday.

cougar
10-11-2008, 06:01 AM
Very good, well done on making this all that more worthwhile and enjoyable

Groover
10-11-2008, 06:20 AM
Hey Lorenzo, I don't think they got the hint? ...

I think there's a lot here that didn't get the hint. :^^:

Sportyboy
10-11-2008, 06:22 AM
I think there's a lot here that didn't get the hint. :^^:

This time it is me falling off the chair laughing!

LOL

CBL
10-11-2008, 06:33 AM
Aaaaaaaaaaaahhhhh!

Noooooooooooooooo!

Paaaaiiinnnnnn!

I have not that model!

;)

For this one a comparative review between the 3 versions would be top of the range yes!

Sportyboy
10-11-2008, 06:34 AM
Should be up early next week, perhaps Tuesday.

That early?

OMG!

Must rush now!

;)

Sportyboy
10-11-2008, 06:36 AM
For this one a comparative reveiew between the 3 versions would be top of the range yes!

I believe there are two versions for each A340 serie ATN owned:

Herpa and DW did the A340-200;

GJ and DW did the A340-300.

Am I wrong?

;)

CBL
10-11-2008, 06:55 AM
I believe there are two versions for each A340 serie ATN owned:

Herpa and DW did the A340-200;

GJ and DW did the A340-300.

Am I wrong?

;)

Almost correct. The database mentions a third version of the -300 by Schuko but I have never seen one anywhere.

Good choice anyway for the review, specially in my case since it is my avatar ;)

Speedbird91
10-11-2008, 07:34 PM
The Gemini Air Tahiti Nui which is the model being reviewed will be compared with the Dragon Wings version, as Lorenzo and I do not have the HE version.