PDA

View Full Version : To buyers without piles of cash

drpulak
01-07-2008, 01:19 PM
If you're like me, and can't afford the all the models you want all at once, Zareh is your guy.

I've had a running backlog going back over a year, and I am always accommodated with friendly and timely service.

Highly recommended!

Dave

Air France Pilot
01-07-2008, 01:41 PM
Zareh is definitely a great guy ;)

DC-8-556
01-07-2008, 01:50 PM
Zareh is the best!;)

I've lost track of how many models I've purchased from him(over 100 though).
All have arrived in 100% condition and communication is A+++

TRON
01-07-2008, 02:10 PM
He is the best.;)

--------------------------
Dimitri

damiross
01-07-2008, 02:45 PM
For those of us not in the know, who is Zareh?

Air France Pilot
01-07-2008, 02:55 PM
For those of us not in the know, who is Zareh?

He is the owner of Airplane Replicas ;)

www.airplanereplicas.com

ProfCaravellius
01-07-2008, 05:43 PM
I recently bought my first model from Zareh and I'm very pleased also!

CBL
01-07-2008, 05:56 PM
I share the opinion of my fellow colleagues: Zareh offers a great service.
(ps: Zareh, do we get a discount on our next purchase for this free publicity? :^^: Just joking, a good service is priceless)

Looking forward for my next visit. yes!

damiross
01-07-2008, 06:03 PM
I've been purchasing mine through justplanefun.com. With few exceptions, they are always a few dollars cheaper plus they have free shipping (Fedex 2 day ground) on orders of over $150 (I'd rather get more product for my money than spend it on shipping).
I don't know how good of a deal justplanefun would be for Canadians but for USA, it's a great deal.

Manolete
01-07-2008, 07:17 PM
I agree 100%;)

transnat
01-07-2008, 10:02 PM
I don't know how good of a deal justplanefun would be for Canadians but for USA, it's a great deal.

Seems to me that aside from Jet Collector, EzToyz, Pee Wee and the wonderful folk at 400SH Hangar Club, international buyers can't get around high freight rates from sellers.

For that reason (very much appreciated by myself), the above mentioned sellers get the vast majority of my business.

They care about me, so I care about them.

Tnat

damiross
01-07-2008, 10:34 PM
Seems to me that aside from Jet Collector, EzToyz, Pee Wee and the wonderful folk at 400SH Hangar Club, international buyers can't get around high freight rates from sellers.

For that reason (very much appreciated by myself), the above mentioned sellers get the vast majority of my business.

Tnat
I know what you mean. I've seen some good deals on eBay for models and airline timetables (which I also collect) but unfortunately they were in the UK and the shipping costs would be outrageous.

soobhash
01-08-2008, 03:33 AM
happy to spend money at Zareh, though no shortage of money.

ve2nw
01-08-2008, 10:24 PM
Thank you folks. Without your great support we would have never lasted so long. This is our 12th year of retailing die cast models that we also love to collect.

Thanks again

Zareh

ba777-236
01-09-2008, 12:26 AM

Well speaking on Zareh's behalf here, Canada Post international rates are nothing short of outrageous.

One 1/400 scale model is fine, but if you buy two and they weigh over 500 grams, postage automatically DOUBLES from 13 to $26 dollars! :shock:

And it doubles yet again over 1kg.. Quite silly really..

GliderPilot
01-09-2008, 07:17 AM
Canada Post international rates are nothing short of outrageous.

Certainly are! I just paid CDN $23.98 for TWO MD-11 models on e-bay and the cost to post to the UK is CDN$30!!

It's still worked out cheaper than buying same two models here in the UK though because of the exchange rate.

I bought a model from Zareh, good price, arrived quickly well packaged and e-mail comms were excellent. Highly recommended.

egpx
01-09-2008, 08:09 AM
I will add my name to the list of Zareh fans ;) Met him at the Heathrow Fair last year and he's a top bloke as well. I sympathise with the problems he must have with Canada Post. It is their rates that prevent me from ustilising Zareh's services more :evil:

transnat
01-09-2008, 02:14 PM
Well speaking on Zareh's behalf here, Canada Post international rates are nothing short of outrageous.

One 1/400 scale model is fine, but if you buy two and they weigh over 500 grams, postage automatically DOUBLES from 13 to $26 dollars! :shock:

And it doubles yet again over 1kg.. Quite silly really..

I really sympathise with Canadian sellers. We have similar issues with Australia Post. What irks me is US sellers who don't give a stuff about looking after international buyers and slug us for postage when they don't have to.

The people I deal with regulalrly look after me and do the righ thing. It's very much appreciated.

Tnat

DPS1
01-09-2008, 08:45 PM

Tnat

you can add jetway models to that list, very good for international buyers, i can often get 7-8 models shipped for around the same price as 2 from canada or a litle more then two models from ebay. one of the many reasons why i found nick a few years ago and have never changed for retailer once for my main large monthly purchases.
there are also a few good canadian retailers but they are shafted by high postal rates.

i used to have a large backlog order for dragon wings models but that was due to inconsitant release dates, now dragon hardly release anything i like i have started buying aeroclassics which are released at least sometime every month, the back log is usually cleared in no time

p.s) nick , when are we negotiating a new advertiseing contract