PDA

View Full Version : Damaged Plane

MULE
01-20-2005, 07:22 PM
I was the winner of the monthly contest and ordered the DW Canadian CC-150 Polaris with my gift certificate. It was packaged very well.

However somewhere in shipping, the box was cut open, the model was taken out of the DW box and really messed up. The front gear was broken, the main gear removed, and even the wings removed. I think cusoms was intent on finding something.

However, if Threshold had not put the air packs in it, which were put back in, the model would have been destroyed in the rest of the trip.

I re-assembled it, and glued on the nose gear and it is fine. So, thanks for packing it with the air packs, since it saved the model!

Nautione
01-20-2005, 08:49 PM
It probably was customs. Don't know why they would bother with a toy plane. Glad you got it fixed o.k.

MULE
01-20-2005, 09:07 PM
Yes, you never know what could be smuggled in a Canadian Airbus.

TK-421
01-20-2005, 09:13 PM
However somewhere in shipping, the box was cut open, the model was taken out of the DW box and really messed up. The front gear was broken, the main gear removed, and even the wings removed. I think cusoms was intent on finding something.
In my mind that is completely unacceptable.
Personally, I would consider making a formal complaint.
Firstly, the X-ray equipment they have available would have identified the model as solid metal.
Secondly, even if they removed the model shell from the box, there was no need to pull it apart.
That's a disgrace.
TK

ba777-236
01-20-2005, 09:20 PM
I'm all for customs verifying packages in the name of safety, but I am finding more and more these days that their "searches" are quite obtrusive..

To a lesser extent, I experienced the same thing several days ago. I received two models from Kam at Eztoyz. The package was opened by customs; they didn't put the bubble wrap back on the boxes, they damaged one models box, and took the horizontal stabilizer off of the other model :no:

Than to thank me for them opening it, I got charged 12 bucks customs charges :00: :00:

MULE
01-20-2005, 10:21 PM
Well, with the inauguration today, you can't be too careful letting any old Canadian plane slip into the States.

Threshold_Aviation777
02-02-2005, 11:27 PM
Sorry to hear that. We try out best to pack it so it won't get destroyed. We do it with the canada post in mind. They love to toss packages even when you have a big orange FRAGILE sticker on it.

MULE
02-03-2005, 07:47 AM
No worries, it is as good as new now.